The P90X is an intense exercise program that can give you a lean, ripped body in 90 days.
- How To Build a Home Gym The Easy Way for 2019
- Forearm Exercises Without Weights and Other Full Bodyweight Exercises
- Full Bodyweight Chest Workout Exercises of All Time
- Pre-Workout For Cardio and What To Eat When Working Out
- Proper Nutrition to Help you Look Ripped at the Beach
- How to Get Stunning Beach Body in 3 Months
Power 90 Extreme, is a 90-day home fitness course designed by Tony Horton.
P90X system is an excellent workout for losing body fat and increasing muscle tone. Getting fit with P90X means dedication, working out 6-7 days per week, with each workout lasting hour and a half.
Research suggests that workout programs that offer variation bring greater benefits than those that do not, and the concept of P90X is exactly that. It’s called “muscle confusion”, which means varying the workout schedule and introducing new moves so the body never fully adapts.What equipment do you need for P90X img
For many of the Beachbody Fitness Programs you need proper equipment. You are now maybe wondering: What equipment do you need for P90X?
The most important thing is to take action now, and besides power will and right attitude, you will need proper P90X equipment.
So, what equipment do you need for P90X?
- So, what equipment do you need for P90X?
- p90x dumbbells pictureDumbbells
- p90x Pull Up Bar imagePull Up Bar
- p90x Resistance Bands pictureResistance Bands
- p90x Yoga Mat imageYoga Mat
- p90x Yoga Blocks imageYoga Blocks
- p90x body fat tester pictureBody-fat tester
- p90x Heart Rate Monitor imgHeart Rate Monitor
- p90x Push up Bars imgPush up Bars
- P90x Recovery Drink pictureRecovery drink
- Want some more recommended equipment?
This exercise program does not require fancy and expensive equipment, and for start you will need basic equipment, essential for P90X work out such as:
p90x dumbbells pictureDumbbells
Dumbbells are the basic equipment for a good workout and everyone should have a set in their home.
They are number one essential equipment because when you first get started they will help you build strength for doing pull-ups. The best solution is to choose two sets:
- one set for working your biceps,
- and the other one for triceps.
Good quality set is required for a good body workout. You will use it all the time throughout the P90X program.
p90x Pull Up Bar imagePull Up Bar
It’s very important to have it because you will need it for complete pull-ups and back exercises.
Most bars fit inside a doorway in your home and attach to the trim at the top of the doorway. For those who not like pull up bars, there is a modification with resistance bands that you can do with door hinge.
p90x Resistance Bands pictureResistance Bands
They provide the resistance needed to work your muscles as hard as you can.
It is important to make sure to acquire a band with the appropriate resistance for your level. The good thing about resistance bands is that you can increase the resistance simply by stepping on the bands to make them shorter in length, thereby intensifying the resistance. The thicker the band, the more the resistance. Sometimes, they can replace pull up bars and dumbbells if needed.
p90x Yoga Mat imageYoga Mat
Exercising P90X requires small space of 6×6 feet to perform all the exercises, so all you need is a yoga mat. Not all routines require a mat, but it is good to use one even on routines that don’t, because mat absorbs shock and protects your joints during the high-impact P90X workouts. You will need soft surface to cover hard wood floors, and makes everything a lot easier on your joints and skin.
Besides above mentioned essential equipment, for best results you will need some optional gear that can help you maximize your results.
p90x Yoga Blocks imageYoga Blocks
They are high-density foam blocks. Very suitable for beginners and for those who are not very flexible.
You will use it all the time for some routines, because they are great support for balance and stretch moves. They can help you to stabilize and to deepen your posture during difficult poses. Even when you are advanced, a yoga block will help you extend your stretches even further.
For greater balance, sometimes you will need a chair, especially for plyo moves and inverted push-ups.
p90x body fat tester pictureBody-fat tester
This tracking tool can help you monitor your fat-burning progress and keep you motivated. It registers all your body changes as you progress through the P90X program.
p90x Heart Rate Monitor imgHeart Rate Monitor
The Heart Rate Monitor will help you discover your best cardio zone. It makes it really easy to independently see how your fitness level is improving without a personal trainer needed. A heart rate monitor quickly gives you feedback and informs you if you are working too hard or not hard enough at a cardio exercise.
p90x Push up Bars imgPush up Bars
They help ease stress on the wrist joints when doing push-ups. They are wrist savers and let you go deeper. Help to increase your range of motion as you become more experienced with push-ups.
P90x Recovery Drink pictureRecovery drink
Experts and trainers are recommending recovery drink in order to repair the muscles and provide the body with essential nutrients. You should drink this within an hour of working out.
Want some more recommended equipment?
- Workout clothes that are comfortable and flexible that can provide you maximum support during workout. Preferably 2 sets so you can keep them clean and still have a pair available.
- Towel and a bottle of water.
- Calendar and Tracking Worksheets – it is important to track your progress. This keeps you motivated and inspired for pushing your limits with every higher level. For best results, also mark your nutrition plan which must include supplements like creatine and enough protein in your diet.