Eating right is a lifestyle. Eating while you’re on the P90X program means discipline and time management skills. But, if your dedication is strong, you can do it successfully.
- How To Build a Home Gym The Easy Way for 2019
- Forearm Exercises Without Weights and Other Full Bodyweight Exercises
- Full Bodyweight Chest Workout Exercises of All Time
- Pre-Workout For Cardio and What To Eat When Working Out
- Proper Nutrition to Help you Look Ripped at the Beach
- How to Get Stunning Beach Body in 3 Months
The nutrition plan is equally important as exercise, so don’t waste your time and sweat if you’re not fueling your body with good food. Perceive the food as a way to fuel your body so that you can feel good and live your life to the fullest.p90x recipes img
With P90X nutrition plan you are eating for power performance. No matter what your starting ground is, you’ll probably feel hungry for the first week while your body adjusts to the lack of processed sugar. After that period of adjustment, your body develops hunger mechanism. Then, you should find your needed number of calories in order to perform all the exercise without being hungry.
Beachbody helps you customize your meal plans as well as give you recipes to succeed.
Things to learn before you start cooking
- Time to eat. It’s very important to follow an eating schedule. Mainly because of your blood sugar that has to be stable all the time. Also, regular meals will speed up your metabolism.
- Don’t skip meals especially try not skimping on fruits and vegetables, because they are your natural supply of anti-aging nutrient.
- Learn low fat cooking methods. Cooking with liquids other than fat can trim the fat content of a dish by up to 1,000 calories.
- Fruits and vegetables should be organic or unprocessed.
- Dairy products should be low-fat.
- Use complex carbohydrates like breads, pasta and avoid simple carbohydrates such as refined sugars.
- Use low-fat and fat-free condiments.
- Your snack choice should be dried fruit, turkey jerky, protein bars, soy nuts etc.
P90X Nutrition Program contains three phases: Fat Shredder, Energy Booster and Endurance Maximizer
P90X Recipes for Phase 1: Fat Shredder
This phase is planned with high-protein-based foods in order to strip fat while strengthening your muscles. When you are on your P90X regimen you need plenty of vegetables so try to be practical and economical.
Make a vegetable soup that’ll last for couple of days:
Consuming vegetable soup is a simple way to delight the myriad of health benefits associated to higher vegetable consumption. The idea is to mix in at least 5 different veggies. You can combine
- chicken broth
- carrots and
When everything is boiling, reduce heat to medium high and simmer until the potatoes are soft, 20-30 minutes. Add zucchini, tomato sauce, garlic, parsley and coriander. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 10-15 minutes more until zucchini is tender. Season it with black pepper and a very small amount of salt.
Feel free to experiment with different soup bases, such as bone broths, tomato sauces or a dairy base. Add herbs or other flavorings.
Enjoy cooking and discover new flavors, because nothing will work in your favor unless you are not enjoying in preparing your meals for power performance.
P90X Recipes for Phase 2: Energy Booster
Energy Booster is a healthy mix of protein and carbohydrates with a reduced amount of protein to maximize endurance and provide you with additional energy for performance such as exercising plyometrics workouts. In this phase your best choice for main meal is:
This recipe is absolutely delicious and with many flavorful ingredients. Best time to eat it is at least one hour after a workout. You can use ground turkey as an alternative to ground beef because it has discrete flavor and is rich with protein, vitamins and minerals.
The ground turkey should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Toss the onions into the chicken broth until they start to color then mix in the garlic for a few minutes.
- When all is cooked put them aside at room temperature.
- In a separate mixing bowl, toss in the onion with the turkey, marinara, parsley, chopped basil and breadcrumbs.
- Then mix everything and shape them into the form of a loaf.
- Next, bake it for 40 minutes.
- Remove excess fat and let it cool for 20 minutes before cutting into slices.
- At the end, dress it with basil and you’ll have delicious and healthy meal.
P90X Recipes for Phase 3: Endurance Maximizer
This phase is very important for P90X regime and it is composed of complex carbs, lean proteins and reduced fat. Its focus is on maximizing the fuel available during the last few weeks of the system, helping you avoid plateaus and get chiseled and toned. In this phase best main dish is:
The best part of this recipe is the short time of preparation. It takes only 30 minutes to cook and it’s very filling.
1. Heat the canola oil in a large pot over high heat.
2. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Then, mix in the tomato paste, broth, chilies, cumin and beans.
4. Bring the entire mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. You can choose to cook this Bean chili or you can prepare Crockpot Turkey Chili with fat-free ground turkey breast.
This is a simple chili recipe that you can have in the slow cooker. Keep in mind that turkey
- decreases cholesterol,
- serves as immune booster and
- prevents insomnia.
Also it is a good source of nutrients like protein, selenium, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc etc.
5. Cook turkey and onion in the pan over medium heat.
6. Then prepare the chopped vegetables like carrots and zucchini.
7. Put all remaining ingredients to the crock pot and cook on high for 6-8 hours.
Keep the leftovers but make sure to put them in the fridge between two hours of serving in order to reduce the chance of food-borne illnesses.
You must be thinking that there are no desserts…but you are wrong. There are so many tasty desserts and the good news is that you can eat them without a guilty conscience because all of them are made with healthy ingredients. A carrot cake muffin, protein bars (or here), oatmeal cookies or protein pancakes (here or here), the choice is yours.