It’s been awhile since my last marathon: the Florida Keys Ultra marathon.
After some time out of fitness and exercising I have decided to go back to running. I started preparing for my new marathon challenge next fall, in 2016.
I find times to run now and then, especially since my dogs need time out. This is our opportunity to spend time together and have fun.
Now that I have decided to prepare for my next marathon run I decided to start over with the P90X workout. Just, this time I am not taking the Classic variation, but the Lean. It’s condition what I need to be able to endure a long run, so I will be doing the P90X Lean Program.
It doesn’t matter which P90X variation you choose, they all have three phases and using the same workout CDs. So, depending on your condition and your needs you can start your P90X Classic, Lean or Doubles.
I have chosen the Lean this time because it’s a More Cardio and Less Resistance program.
The different P90X variations
Depending on your needs you can do the P90X workouts but in different order and therefore get the results you want.
- The Classic Program includes 3 days resistance (weight) training and 3 days cardio and yoga training
- This helps both lose weight and get a toned body.
- The Lean Program includes 2 days resistance (weight) training and 4 days of cardio and yoga
- This helps lose wight more.
- The Doubles Program is enhanced Classic program with extra cardio training included.
- It’s intensive and it is for people who need more strength training.
If you are starting out P90X, I recommend you start with the classic or lean program and when you’re more physically ready go for the Doubles. You should start out slow without rushing, because there are 90 days to go and you certainly don’t want to get burnt out and never complete them.
P90X Lean Program
If you have decided to go through the P90X Lean program be ready to go through 3 weeks of intensive training followed by one recovery week. And last five weeks that include four alternating weeks of intense training and one final recovery week. [Read more…] about P90X Lean Program: Why I am doing it?