My best life starts today, and earlier this morning, I had planned my Saturday all week on. Slept in until 4:30AM, and did my chores, then started my workouts.
Having done the P90X programs few times, I decided to combine some of the exercises and create my own workout for today and “confuse my muscles“. Started slow with a warm-up then continued with my regular exercises.
Muscle confusion is great, and my first 45 minute workout for today was just that. I used it in my daily workout and managed to shake my entire body. The warm up was the step up and walking for two minutes, then went into action. I combined few techniques to move all my muscles.
The warm up
- Two minutes walking on the step up.
- Two minutes stretch.
- Put on the hand gloves, and went at it.
- Two minutes running with weight gloves.
- Two minutes Ab Ripper X
- Two minutes running on step up, with arms straight out.
- Two minutes lifting with light 40 pound weights, bench pressing mixing up the speed.
- Two minutes pushing arms back with weight gloves running the step up, to work the triceps
- Two minutes with the ab roller, to work all sides of my stomach muscles.
- Two minutes throwing the weight ball in the air, running on the step up.
Kept repeating and changing things up the entire workout, throwing in P90X moves.
Lean Muscle, I see you coming.
The last P90X program I competed was the P90X Lean, since it pairs well with my preparations for my next marathon. It will be my new marathon challenge this fall, 2016.
That is why I am intensifying my training, combining workouts with running, so that I can get in good shape for the marathon. Later today, I’m planning to workout two additional times, as I sweated like crazy, but didn’t fatigue due to working different muscles.