I have always been into fitness since I was a young kid. But, during the last two years I have gained 50 pounds overweight due to being on the road traveling for my business. It’s been tough for me, as I have not maintained proper exercise and nutrition.
After seeing myself in the mirror this September I decided I must get back into very good shape again.
Being a Beachbody Coach is a lot of help, since I have all these workouts to choose from.
And, being on the internet and looking for some dieting, too, has brought me to an article I’ve found very useful I decided to combine it with my plans for shading fat.
After experimenting a bit I’ve found that it’s possible to lose weight in 2 weeks without starvation at all. The article says: “The key to this weight-loss regimen is to stick to a small group of foods — all lean proteins, healthy fats and whole grains.”
So, I decided to incorporate these ingredients into my diet plan.
But, what is the catch with the lean proteins: They speed up the metabolism, so that more fat is burnt. And, the whole grains will provide fiber to your body that will make you feel full and will stop you from overeating. Not to mention the benefits of whole grains.
From what they were suggesting I used in my nutrition:
- Whole-grain cereal
- Almond milk
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Broccoli and Kale instead of Bagged spinach
- Lean low-sodium meat – chicken, turkey, salmon
- Added Beets to the mixed veggies: lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, celery, carrots
- Almonds, raw, unsalted
- Lemon, fresh or bottled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Green tea
I included Shakeology in my breakfast meals to make diverse meals.
And for the Exercising I used my:
- Running shoes to run and
- P90X Workout DVDs
- 1 serving Tropical Strawberry Shakeology
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. all-natural almond butter
- 1 serving Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 serving Greenberry Shakeology
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 serving Strawberry Shakeology
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chopped raw kale, stems removed
- 1 cup of whole-grain cereal with almond milk
- 1 cup of yogurt flavored with honey and mixed berries
- Egg-white omelet cooked with chopped broccoli and kale and tomato.
- Grilled chicken breast with 1 cup of chopped cucumbers and tomatoes
- Two hard-boiled eggs with celery and carrot sticks
- Lean turkey with carrots and cherry tomatoes.
- Grilled salmon with orange marinade
- Turkey breast with lettuce, beet and cucumber salad
I followed the article for my dinners and combined:
- grilled flank steak with chopped salad
- grilled chicken with 1 cup of steamed broccoli
- grilled salmon with 1 cup of steamed broccoli.
As the P90X Nutrition Plan was advising 3 meals and 2 snacks, in the article was no different and so I included two snacks a day:
- mixed berries
- hand full almonds
- carrot sticks
I utilized the 21 day fix containers to determine the quantity of the food, not the quantity in the article, however and I have been much more successful.
Instead of exercising according to the article I started the P90X Lean program, along with running, biking, swimming, and cross training. And that gave me the necessary cardio training I needed.
I used a hart rate monitor to make sure my target heart rate is above 150 beats per minute.
However, because of my age (I’m 58 🙂 ) I consulted my doctor first so that I am sure that I won’t hurt my health with this diet and exercising.
As of starting my new program, and two weeks after, have been able to
- drop 17 pounds
- lower my blood pressure, and
- feel much better.
I was a very good athlete majority of my life, with some down periods when my job took up majority of my time. Now, I am balanced in my work, exercise, and diet.
I do find myself thinking about fast foods when I have long drives, sometimes the food wins, other times I can be successful. What I have found, it is best to prepare foods the day prior, have enough food for work, travel, and meals ahead.
Finding that living each day to the fullest and in good consistent health is so important.